The broccoli is chopped in a food processor to a desired consistency. Sometime I make it fine, sometime coarse, or maybe a combo of both fine and coarse. I shred the other veggies in the food processor.
- Broccoli, 2 or 3 stalks rinsed and stalk peeled
- 1 or 2 stalks celery
- 1 large or 2 small carrots
- 1–3 radishes
- Bell peppers - green, red, orange, or yellow; 1 whole or ¼ - ½ of several colors
- 1 small to medium cucumber
- Other veggies such as jicama which will sweeten it up, or yellow squash for a bit more color, can add finely chopped green onions
- 1 avocado
- 1 or 2 tomatoes
- Fresh or dried basil, oregano, parsley
- Bragg Amino’s and/or sea salt to taste
- 1½ or 2 squeezed lemon or lime
- Extra virgin olive oil
First chop the fresh spices such as basil and oregano in a food processor, then pulse chop the broccoli to the desired consistency. Empty the fresh spices and broccoli into a large bowl and squeeze one lemon or lime over the broccoli and mix. (This salad can be made by chopping and grating the vegetables by hand instead of using a food processor, it just takes longer.)
Shred the celery, carrots, radish, cucumber, bell peppers and other hard vegetables. Add these veggies to the broccoli and squeeze another ½ to 1 lemon or lime over the vegetables. Add Bragg Amino’s and/or sea salt, and extra virgin olive oil and mix. Cover and refrigerate the salad for at least 30 minutes, or as long as 7 or 8 hours. When ready to eat, add an avocado and chopped tomato. Adjust seasoning if necessary. When I took this salad to work, I added the avocado and tomato when I prepared the salad.