Noodles are made from Zucchini (summer squash) using a Saladacco Spiral Slicer.
(the Sunbeam In2itive takes out all the guessing during blending)
- 2 tomatoes (halved or quartered)
- 1 small to medium cucumber (cut up)
- 1 stalk of celery
- 1/2 bell pepper (any color)
- 1 small or 1/2 medium sweet onion (halved or quartered)
- 1 clove of garlic (bigger the better), finely grated
- Fresh or dried basil, oregano, thyme or Italian spices
- Bragg Amino’s and/or sea salt to taste
- 1/4 fresh squeezed lemon or lime
- 1 or 2 Tbs. Extra virgin olive oil
In the in2itive blender, add all ingredients, close the lid and hit the salsa button. Stand back and watch. Pour salsa on top of raw squash noodles. Try it, you may be surprised. Leaves me feeling clean inside.
Another way to put together the mariana sauce, the method used in picture above, is to gently pulse chop the tomato in a food processor. Then shred the remaining vegetables. Pour chopped and shredded vegetables into a bowl and mix in remaining ingredients.